Are you raising puggles?

Whether its puggles, retrievers, rottweilers, or chihuahuas, everyone can testify that raising puppies is not easy. My blog is here to help you feel more at home when raising your crazy puppies!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Raising Puggles: Our First Post

This is Ronnie. She is 18 weeks old, however this picture was taken at 9 weeks. She is the new addition in our home. We also have a puggle, Maybelline, she is 18 months old. Maybelline is a fawn female puggle. They are from separate litters and parents, but they're 99% identical in personality and about 51% identical in physical features.

Raising these two puggles has been a feat in itself. Puggles are the most hyper and crazy dogs I've ever owned or experienced. They are also extremely loving, sweet, and loyal. I've decided to document the growth of my puggles and their interactions and experiences with each other. I thought bringing Ronnie into our home would make Maybelline a much calmer and less hyper dog. I thought Ronnie would tire her out every day and make her craziness slightly subside. I was about 2% right. I was right about the fact that they would play and tire each other out. However, despite my efforts to give both equal amounts of attention so as to not bring upon jealousy, Maybelline has become increasingly attached and developed separation anxiety. Ronnie is now developing separation anxiety with the fact that she was spayed 3 days ago and has to be in her crate almost every hour of every day. I hate to keep her in the crate ALL DAY LONG but she is such a hyper puppy that she will not stop: running, jumping, climbing, and playing. I am terribly afraid she'll rip her stitches. This is simply one of many puggle mania experiences I go through of every day.

Through my frustrations with the outcome of raising these two puggles I've decided its best that I document their growth and my experience with them. I know that most puggle owners go through the same daily activities I go through, raising these two. I love my puggles very much and I want them to be the happiest puggles around. I hope that I can bring serenity and a sense of community with the sharing of my life of Raising Puggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment